free hit counter

Sunday, July 19, 2009

We came home on Friday afternoon, so we could have some quiet time at home. The girls had some great birthday party fun yesterday and we are headed back up for the afternoon today, coming back this evening so we can be ready for swimming lessons in the morning. A bit hectic but that will be our life for awhile. A friend made me laugh yesterday, reminding me of a funny story about him. He loves girl scout cookies. Any of them really but especially the Samoans. I was pregnant with E, and happened to see the girl scouts selling cookies outside of the grocery store. I had a massive craving for thin mint cookies. I bought 3 boxes of cookies, the Samoans, the thin mints and one other box. Being pregnant, I was very protective of my food cravings. I knew if he found my cookies he would eat them. I set out his Samoans on the counter and told him I bought them for him. I took the second box and put them in the cupboard with the other snacks (the decoy box) and my precious thin mints, I took the sleeves of cookies out of the box, and stuck them in the back of the freezer by the meat. I mean the man never cooks, why would he look in the freezer by the meat? Especially when I had left the other two boxes out. Sure enough, one of those crazy pregnant cravings came over me and I snuck into the kitchen to dig in the freezer for my stash. I couldn't find them anywhere. I dug and dug around, no cookies. I didn't want to draw attention to them if I didn't have to, but it became obvious that they were not there. I marched over to him, hands on my hips and demanded "did you eat my special thin mint girl scout cookies?" He looked at me puzzled and asked me what I was talking about. I told him the cookies in the freezer.....he smiled and said "oh you mean the brown ones?" "brown ones? Brown Ones? BROWN ONES? girls scout cookies that you can only get once a year, that your pregnant wife is CRAVING, had hidden in the back of the freezer and you ate them all???" After hearing that story, my friend found a case of them on Ebay and had them sent to me for mother's day. He knew exactly what they were, and what trouble he would be in if he ate my cookies. Instead he would go to the freezer in the evening, bring a sleeve of cookies over to me and just set it on the arm rest of the couch, and would flash me his gap tooth grin. He would never open the cookies or take one from the package. He would just sit next to me on the couch and wait for me to place cookies on his knee, those and only those he would eat. I would share my cookies any day...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
satellite