free hit counter

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Quick News and a request for the BBQ

First the request. The BBQ is going to be held outside at the Sheriff's Office in Oroville. They are already planning for a big crowd. If anyone has any Easy-Up type canopies that they can loan for the afternoon, please either e-mail me buttecounty80@gmail.com or contact Linda Kepley from the BBQ flyer. They would like to have several of them for the day.

I spent the afternoon and evening with him, and am just getting ready to go back to the hospital now. He was good. He recognized me when he saw me and got emotional when I came in. The nurses commented on how alert he had been all day, watching everyone that came in. The doctor came in and told me that when she had come in earlier and said "Hi Eric" to him, that he had responded clearly with "hi". He was able to repeat some sounds back to me. It is obviously difficult for him and frustrates him. He is trying. We are hoping. I am back off to spend the day with him, while the girls spend time with grandma. I hope he rested well so we can have more progress today. Yesterday was the first day I felt his gaze so strongly. I continue to ride the rollercoaster, emotions rising and falling daily, but what other choice is there? I continue to think of this man I have known the whole of my adult life. I think of the man that he is, dependable and strong. I think he has always been there for me, my rock, my strength. How can I be any less for him? How can I walk into his room and give him anything less than my faith. It is simple. I cannot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
satellite