free hit counter

Monday, July 13, 2009

Stealing Cinderella.....


Yesterday for our anniversary I took him a new CD to listen to. All day my mind was on the girls and how much he adores them. When he first heard the song Stealing Cinderella by Chuck Wickes, he said it reminded him of H. From the beginning she has been a girly girl, a princess, a diva, a Daddy's Girl. For her 4th birthday he told me that he had heard that Princesses on Ice were going to be at Arco and he wanted to take her. I made her a "Belle" dress, and he told her he was going to "take her to the ball". She was enchanted, she was enchanting. He drove them to Sac for their special date, her in full Princess regalia, from the tiara on her head to the gold slippers on her feet. He looked all over town to find her a special necklace. A silver heart covered in little amethysts (her birthstone) and he placed it on her tiny neck and told her she would always have his heart. He then took her to the ball. He bought her every little thing her heart desired, an Ariel magic wand, a Princess snow cone, pictures with the princesses.....which he told me later cost more than the tickets themselves. He is that man, a believer in magic, giver of dreams, fufiller of fantasies... delicate guardian of a child's heart. He is a prince among men.

"I leaned in towards those pictures to get a better look at one
When I heard a voice behind me say "Now, ain't she something, son?"
I said "Yes, she quite a woman" and he just stared at me
Then I realized that in his eyes she would always be..

Playing Cinderella.....Riding her first bike, Bouncing on the bed and looking for a pillow fight Running through the sprinkler with a big popsicle grin Dancing with her dad, looking up at him In her eyes i'm Prince Charming But to him i'm just some fella riding in and stealing Cinderella"

1 comment:

  1. Eric has always made his girl's life magical... Just as it has been for him. They are blessed, as many children could only dream to be so fortunate. That magic will continue to carry his little princesses through this time. We love you, Sandy

    ReplyDelete

 
satellite