free hit counter

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Evening Reflections...

Today was a day that was much the same. He did feel pain in his hands today as well as in his feet. That is something. That is everything. Right now. He is opening his eyes more and more, and seems to be looking and some listening, but it is hard to tell. He sometimes seems to smile or smirk, but again it is hard to tell, and you are analyzing the smallest details. Today they did some new testing, so we could not see him for several hours. K convinced me to take the girls to the movies with her. We saw the Ice Age movie. When the first scenes started (the mamouths ar preparing for a baby and talking about becoming a dad) my heart dropped into my stomach, and my eyes darted to my children to see how they would respond. They were more interested in their popcorn than making comparisons to their own lives. They are amazing. As soon as the movie was over I rushed over to see him. He opened his eyes and seemed to watch me as I stroked his head. The neurologist came in to discuss the findings on the tests with B and myself. It is not bad, but it is not good. It is not definate, predictable, certain, probable, likely or know. In a nutshell we really know no more from the tests than we did before. We keep hearing the same thing, It is all up to him. B reminded me today of the progress he has made. Overcoming the lung infection in 3 days instead of the predicted 3 weeks. The small movement he is making. The pain indicators in both his feet and now his hands. Those are all small things, but they are things. They are the things that we hold onto. Now that his body has stabilized, the next question will be when to move him. It will probably be to the rehab hospital, we will discuss that with the doctors tomorrow. My suitcase is still packed for Hawaii. The girls spent the rest of the day with K, and had a wonderful time. As I reminded them yesterday, our family is not small, we are not just four, but many. That is what keeps us all going. Those beautiful distractions, enjoying a sweet summer day, with people that love them. That is what their dad would want them to be doing. That is the one thing I know to be true.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
satellite