free hit counter

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Keep Calm and Carry On...

Keep calm and carry on.... a slogan from a British WWII poster. I have always liked the slogan, but these days it seems particularly fitting. Yesterday the girls were not feeling too well but seemed to be a little better in the afternoon. Last night their little fevers peaked and I ended up with 2 little furnaces in bed with me. I kept busy snuggling, wiping down little faces and foreheads, making water and potty runs until we finally all fell fitfully asleep in the early morning hours. Thankfully they have their father's constitution and after a slow morning they were able to break their fevers and feel a little more chipper. I left them with their grandparents and went to spend the afternoon of our anniversary with him. He was alert when I got there, and we spent some time reading, before he decided to sleep. He finally looks as though he is getting real rest, deep rest, and it is good to see. He continues to "run" in his sleep and be very ticklish on his feet. He has also started to make some verbal sounds, deep sighs, stretching his vocal chords. We were fortunate to spend some of our time today in the same company that we had, exactly 12 years ago. They (R&D) came to see us, and we had a good time going back those years. He starts his new therapy routine tomorrow, so after they left I shaved him and gave him a nice mustache trim. I decided to bring our little sickies home tonight, as I have some business to tend to tomorrow. We will head back up Tuesday after swimming lessons. Keeping Calm and Carrying on..

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
satellite