free hit counter

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Sunday Evening and status quo...

He remains the same. He looks wonderful, like he could sit up at any moment, but of course he hasn't. I spent several hours alone with him this afternoon. I took down the rail on his bed and laid against his chest, and I sobbed. That wall of a man has been there for every low point and every celebration, and on that chest I have cried a million tears and laughed a million more times. I think today I even doubled that. The unknown is excrutiating. The only thing I do know, is that if it is possible he is the one who can do it. The warm shoulder under my cheek, so familiar that I have a million memories that my mind can take me to. I spent 6 hours today on that shoulder, just drawing from his warmth and absorbing his strength. When I hold my children tonight, I know that it will be both of us embracing them, reassuring them. I think that is the best that we can do right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
satellite