free hit counter

Monday, June 29, 2009

Quiet reflextion....

The thing I seem to be told most often right now is that my strength is admirable. It is ironic to me because I do not think I am showing any great strength. The writing of this blog is not a sign of strength but rather my own little crutch to help me get through the day. When I see how many of you are checking in on him, on us, it makes me feel a little closer to him. It makes me feel comforted to know how many people care for him, how many lives he has touched. I even put a counter at the bottom of the blog yesterday, to see how many people were out there, and even though I guessed it was many by the messages I have been getting. I was brought to tears when I saw that over 900 people had checked it in the last 24 hours. That is my little selfish way of bringing my husband's influence close to me. I have stayed home this morning to give our girls some quiet time. Still they marvel me, I know it is them that will get us all through this. They have just gone for a little walk with their grandmother, who also needs them as much as I do right now. I will soon ready to go and sit with my love. All morning the oddest song has been playing in my head....a refrain from Greensleeves..... Alas my Love you have done me wrong to cast me out so discourteously, For I have loved you oh so long delighting in your company...

2 comments:

  1. Hi Leslie,
    My name is Trina, I work in dispatch @ BCSO. I just wanted to touch base with you and let you know that even if you don't think you are being strong now at some point in the future, hopefully when Eric is fully recovered and you can be mad at him for scaring the heck out of you, you will look back and marvel at how you were able to cope with the depth of emotion you feel today. Believe in the strength that people say they see in you, it is there. I have heard it in hundreds of voices just as I have heard the lack of strength in even more voices in the years I have dealt with emergency calls. Your ability to provide reassurance and to communcate the love & caring you feel for Eric and your family is steeped in the strength of love. Love, as you know, is powerful, it can move mountains and it can make miracles happen. I know Eric will get better soon and once he is on the road to recovery he will read this blog, your blog, and know how much that love meant to him, to your kids, to your family, to your friends and to you. Take care and be kind to yourself, don't doubt yourself and have faith that love can and does make a difference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Leslie, You do not know me but I have known Chris and Louise for many years. I remember when Mary Anne and Mary Beth were born. We used to attend St Michaels Episcopal Church. We now live in Portland. Our Daughter Suzanne babysat the Christopher children when she was in High school. I only just heard of this tragedy. My heart goes out to you all. My prayers will be added to the many others being said. I passed on the information to Suzanne and her family will be praying as well. God Bless you and those precious little girls.
    Love Shannon Hastings, hastibus@coho.net

    ReplyDelete

 
satellite