free hit counter

Friday, June 26, 2009

Questions for me...

People have alot of questions about Eric, but I have also been getting a lot of questions about me.. I will answer the top few briefly...Am I eating? Yes, I eat when I need to, and I promise I am feeding the kids. Am I sleeping?.......I am sleeping. Not long deep slumber. But I am sleeping several hours at a time and calling the hospital through the night. Do we need anything?........right now? thoughts and prayers only. As the days and weeks go on, I am sure there will be things that we will need, but right now we have everything that we need. Is it bothering me to have people at the hospital?......No it does not bother me as long as you understand that you probably cannot see Eric right now, I want to maintain his privacy while he is in his rotary bed, and since it is in constant motion, you cannot really hold his hand without dancing in circle around the bed. Do I need a place to stay in town?........no, thank you but not right now. We do not really live that far from town and I find the drive theraputic to relax before I come home to my children. Does Eric's extended family need a place to stay in town?.....right now his sisters and mother have been staying with me and we all trade off watches at the hospital with Eric, staying with the kids, and keeping the kids' schedule. Eric's dad and brother, and Kelly and Tom round out the days and Eric is never alone at the hospital even through the night. Can you see Eric?....I am asking that you not see him right now, so that he rests and continues to improve. When he is off of the rotary bed you will be able to see him again. Do the kids know? Not right now. They are just turning 3 and 5. The three year old would probably be less afraid, just thinking daddy is sleeping but the 5 year old lost two great grandparents over the last year, and is very inquisitive of dying and illness, and I do not want her to think in those terms about her dad at this time. When he wakes up, it will be reassuring and we will approach it at that time. Am I bothered by the phone calls/e-mails etc.? No I am not. It is a wonderful thing to have so many out there supporting you and being reminded daily of that only gives us strength, however we cannot return all those messages or calls, so please understand that.

I will continue to post updates daily..... L

1 comment:

  1. Lesley and Family,
    With all that is happening right now...thank you so much for letting us know what's going on. Eric stopped by our house just a day after we had left for Washington. He had heard that I had a scare with my heart and had to have a stent placed on 6/8/09 at Enloe. My neighbor Ken Jones said that he had flowers and a card for me. I have had the chance to know Eric on all kinds of levels,wearing all different kinds of superhero outfits. I worked in that ICU/CCU at Enloe for over 10 years. Your daily updates seem to be a spot on explanation of this event. We were worried sick when it happened 6 months ago with his rapid heart rate episode. He has so much in his favor. And I think Lesley that he will be smiling his smile into the eyes of his bride very soon. He has told me before how lucky he knows he is with you and the girls. Just keep breathing and showing up. Please delegate to others around, absolutely give us the chance to do something...anything for you or your family. God bless and keep Eric and all his Girls strong. With love Colleen and Pops (Dick-94)

    ReplyDelete

 
satellite