free hit counter

Friday, June 26, 2009

It is all in his hands now...

He is still doing well. His stats are even a little better from this morning. He continues to hold his oxygenation. They were able to go down a little more to 45% and his peep is now at a normal rate of 5. All of this remains excellent. They decided to take him off of the airplane similator (roto-bed) today, and put him back in a big boy bed. The transfer all went well and he seems comfortable. The other big decision that came today was to take away the sedatives and see how he responds. They warned me that it could take hours or days to see a reaction depending on how long it takes to clear his system. I have also been told that if there is any swelling it could take even longer. At this point since his CAT and EEG look pretty good, only an MRI could shed more light on what is going on in there. Of course they cannot move him to do that right now, so instead we wait. I have also been told that the course of treatment is the same so patience in the key. Of course Eric would laugh, because patience is not one of the virtues I was born with. He has always been that half of our partnership. Today I think I am tired. We have to wait and see how he contiues to respond. Of course I want him to sit up in bed and tell me he is ready to go home. We continue to have an amazing support system, but the wait is killing me. His color is amazing, he looks very rested. I came home early tonight to put our girls to bed a decent time. They remain unknowing at this time, and I pray every minute of every day that I will be able to have good news for them soon. They sense tension as the days progress, and have been very cuddly in the evening. Hayley has her father's eyes, the most amazing green I have ever seen and it is both comforting and painful to have them to look at. Emerson, named by her father, has his smile so distinct it will light up a room. Our baby will be 3 years old on the 5th of July. We have one of the most unique birth situations. Eric got to witness and experience both of their births, and I have no memory of either of them. I had to have c-sections where I was put completely out, and Eric was there in the room when they were born, getting to see it all. He loves that he has that special thing to share with them, that even I do not. Hayley especially loves to hear the story about how she "popped out of mommy's tummy and daddy caught her" Patience I keep telling myself. He is determined, he does everything in his own time. I always tell him that he is a dawdler, and I hope this time I am wrong.

2 comments:

  1. lesley..i am soooo sorry. :( i had NO idea that all of this was going on. i am here for you 24/7 if you need ANYTHING @ all. eric, you & the girls are in our thoughts & prayers. i love you. please keep in touch.

    ~ laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lesley, This just sounds great, Keep the faith, this waking up of his is going to be a little hard on you and him to watch. Your right on about those eyes of Haley's and daddy's. I've got good feelings about all this. He's gonna be fine.
    Love, Colleen and Pops

    ReplyDelete

 
satellite