free hit counter

Friday, June 26, 2009

Friday morning update and blog announcement

This was the last update that I sent out this morning. You will see that in this blog format you will be able to review all of the previous posts if you did not receive them.

Eric had a good night. He continues to hold his oxygen at 50% and they were able to reduce his peep from 10 to 7.5 and he continues to be oxygenating well. (Peep from my understanding is the noninvasive air that trails out of the ventilator between breaths keeping the lungs inflated. 5 is normal, he was at 10 and is now down to 7.5) They gave him a little sponge bath around 4 am and he showed some signs of movement so they gave him an additional dose of sedative to keep him calm. He continues to be be heavily sedated, without being on the paralytics. His heart continues to remain stabilized without having vtech or pvcs. He is still in his rotating bed. They would like to do an MRI but also do not want to rush it and risk any set backs as he is progressing.

The main thing that I have to tell you this morning is about how you are going to recieve these updates. I appreciate that so many of you want to know how he is doing, and as each day goes on, the list grows. It is taking up more time than I have to keep adding addresses so I have chosen a new format. This morning I set up a blog that I will be posting to daily and you can in tern leave comments for myself and others to see. I hope that it will also become a record for him, of what has happened and the support he has had. The address is www.deputyericchristopher.blogspot.com. Thank you all for your continued support and I will continue to post daily updates on the blog.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear that Eric is progressing in a positive direction. Always keeping him in my thoughts.

    Tracey

    ReplyDelete

 
satellite