free hit counter

Saturday, June 27, 2009

The music of our lives..

Today, I spent the afternoon in one of my favorite places. It is a wonderful place, somewhere I have been going more than half of my life, and all of my adult life. It is the place I feel the strongest, the place I feel whole, the place I feel the the most protected from the world. That place is his left shoulder. Today I brought our video camera with tapes that he made of our children, of our daily activities, and I placed it on the pillow by his head. I put the rail down on the bed and rested my head on his shoulder, breathed in his familiar scent, and closed my eyes. We spent hours today, listening to the music of our lives. The familiar voice of my husband narrating all of the important moments of our days, while my children laughed in the background. I listened to his voice, loving them, encouraging them, laughing at them and celebrating them. Today I have spent time in the best place I can be. We continue to hope and pray that he wakes soon. All of his vitals remain the same, he is holding his own he just needs to wake up. His brother, sister and parents are all visiting now. I have come home to rest before my girls get home.

2 comments:

  1. That is the most beautiful description of love, devotion, and the bond that you share. it flourishes with emotion, and when read, so much feeling surrounds the soul. I know this is blogging, but it captivates the heart with its symbolism.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are all very lucky to have a man like Eric. He is a very strong person and he knows he is needed. My Family and I have all of you in our thoughts and prayers. After reading what you wrote I had to go home and hugg my own wife and kids. I read your blogg to my Wife as she wept. You and Eric's love are bringing Familys closer. May God have his hand on your Family.

    ReplyDelete

 
satellite