free hit counter

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Love...

One word frees us from the weight and pain of life, that word is Love. -Sophacles
It has been a busy week, a full week. She knew I was going to see him. She knows why we come up here every week. She told me last night she wanted to see him today. Of course I told her OK. She reminded me again this morning that she wanted to see him. I arranged to have her grandmother bring her by after I had a chance to get him up and ready. They came by on their way to the lake. I already had him out in the shade of the park area, and she bounded up with a "Hi, Daddy!" She hugged him, and danced around telling him about her day. She ran around and collected pine needles and leaves and brought them to him, placing them in his hands. I commented that she was "decorating" daddy. She looked at me very solemnly and said "Mommy I am not decorating Daddy, I am showing him all the things that we see on our walks together" Of course she is. She instinctively knows. E is in the car with grandma and is curious, she decides to join us. She is hesitant, she smiles at him and talks to him, but does not want to touch him. Her sister explains to her that Daddy is wearing bracelets because he cannot talk, and they tell the people what his name is. She also explains to her how some parts of his body are waking up but some are still sleeping. She tells her that he cannot talk with his mouth so he tells them with his eyes how much he loves them. E gets more comfortable as the time passes and she wants to sit on my lap as I talk to him. She brings him a leaf to hold. H crawls on the grass in front of him to wrestle with her uncle, all the time yelling, "Daddy look at me!" she keeps up a running patter of conversation directly to him, as if she knows how we are trying to stimulate him. She yells out "daddy, look over here!" and he does. His eyes seem to follow her. She is a force of nature. She is him, his daughter, the essence of his life dancing before our eyes. She dances and chatters, having shed all nervousness from her previous visit. She tells him how great he looks and how well he is doing..........and how much she loves him. He is watchful. She sits on his lap, hugs his arm, runs around his chair and then tenderly looks into his eyes and kisses him on the nose. She smiles, she laughs, she climbs on a rock and shouts "Look at me Daddy, I am Queen of the rock!" then jumps down runs back over to him and hugs him. It was a good visit. It was soul nourishing. It was grace and beauty. It was innocence. It was wisdom. It was simply love. Simple Love. The love of a child for her Daddy. A love that knows no obstacle.

1 comment:

  1. This picture is absolutely adorable. Her little face and her hand in just the right spot and a sweet little kiss for her Daddy! This pic is definately a keeper. Someone took this at just the right time. Eric looks pretty good too! Keep the faith!

    ReplyDelete

 
satellite