free hit counter

Thursday, August 20, 2009

A couple of quick updates...

The BBQ is next Wednesday and they e-mailed me about the silent auction today. There are over 100 items in the auction. Unbelievable. Truly. Thank you. They are planning to end the auction promptly at 1:30pm, and are accepting phone bids. For information please call: Jane Malloy (538-7811), Becky Callas (538-2861) or Susan Tiffany (538-7543). Thank you all for your hard work. We appreciate it. I know he does also.

The triathlon is coming up! We have several teams signed up and some brave solo players. I know I did my "training" (walking) today, and plan to get some in every day until the big day. Of course I will be pushing a stroller and "walking" the run part of the race. I am so excited that N is my team biker and she has been getting some practice in herself. Her entire family has joined in as well, making up another team. Our team swimmer is MA. I have to brag a little for her and say that she just swam in the sharkfest at Alcatraz last weekend, and finished in the top 10% overall and in the top tier of women competing. He wanted to do that swim with her this year. Instead she swam under his number for him "80". Way to go MA. I know he is proud. I know we are proud. I know that I am glad she is on my team!

Today was E's first day of preschool. She was so excited. She dressed in her brand new "Dora" outfit, and backpack. She was the first one up this morning, the first one dressed. She could not wait. She spent all last year visiting the classroom when it was time to drop off or pick up H, and she knew where everything was. After we walked H to kindergarten, we went to wait for her class to start. She ran around the play yard while we waited, telling me that this was "her school now, NOT Heehee's. When the doors opened, she found her cubby and knew exactly where she wanted to go and what she wanted to play with. She all but ignored me. I asked for a kiss good-bye and she planted one on me, then turned away. I told her I would see her soon, she tossed a half hearted "bye" over her shoulder and went back to her business. My baby was ready. Ready to throw me over for a plastic castle and a Dora doll. Another sign of their resilience and Independence. I am proud of them.

1 comment:

  1. hey lesley,
    is there a way maybe for you to post all the items in the silent auction? if they are taking phone calls then i wouldnt know what to bid on!! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
satellite