free hit counter

Saturday, August 22, 2009

A few more updates...


I have gotten alot of e-mails asking about the auction and I have requested a list that I can post to the blog. I will try to get that up by Monday. I went out to the triathlon site today, it is going to be great, but certainly a challenge for me. A good one though. He will be proud I know. No guts no glory he always says. I watched our friends practice the swimming leg this morning, way to go H,A,G &S!!!! I told him all about it today, he watches me, seems to be interested. He seems to be very stable right now. He is more relaxed this weekend than he was earlier in the week, this is a good thing. He has progressed from eating popcicles to eating a little applesauce. It is also a good thing.


The girls came back for a visit today. H has been bringing home her drawings from school and telling me each day they are for her daddy. We kept them all in a little pile to bring to him. She reminded me yesterday that she was going to see him today, as if I forgot. They came today after I got him up and ready. We were waiting in the park for our babies to arrive. We had it to ourselves before they got there. I told him all about their week at school and how much they need and love him. I have watched them these past few weeks, and seen how much he is missed. Especially with H. I have watched her with our friends (dad's themselves) and seen how she craves that special teasing. I have seen her stand and watch as another child calls out "Dad" and runs into her father's arms. I sense the longing in her. I know it is there. I ache for her. I tell him all these things as we sit and wait for them to come. I tell him how much she loves him, and how much she needs her dad. She is herself when they arrive. He has little presents tucked under his arms for them when they get there. They are thrilled and sit at the picnic table to play with them. Their chatter is infectious and so wonderful to listen to. H suddenly tells me she wishes to sit on his lap. She climbs up and rests her head on my favorite place. I know that place so well. Know how it smells and how it feels under my cheek. I know how safe I feel when I am there. I watch her rest there, and see his head tilt towards her, as if to be closer. It is a quiet moment. A tender moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
satellite