free hit counter

Sunday, August 30, 2009

A hard days night..

"It's been a hard day's night, and I've been workin' like a dog." I don't know why that song is stuck in my head, but it is. For the last few days I have found myself singing it in my head. Probably just life catching up with me, and the way my addled brain deals with it. Nothing remarkable has happened in either direction. Just still plugging along. He had a couple of good days in physical therapy last week. The last few days he has done alot more sleeping. They have changed some of his medications again, we hope he is more alert next week. He looks great. He really does. He seems more relaxed. He has not chosen to speak to me but I have heard from others that he has had some more word responses. This is all good. We read some more today, I think we are on our 7th book now since this adventure began. I decided to change things up a bit this time and give the murder, mayhem and mystery a break. We are reading "Geek Love" a book that was given to me. A little bit strange, but he doesn't seem to mind. We had a quiet afternoon, just the two of us. We kept the lights off, letting the sun stream through the window, and enjoyed the cool air conditioning while we read. It wasn't a particularly taxing day or weekend, but I am tired. Tired to my bones today. No sleepy, just tired. The girls and I came home early enough to get a bath in before bed, and they went to bed with little trouble. The week starts again in the morning....breakfast, processing orders, off to school, go to the post office,go to the gym (trying to get that triathlon practice in!), pick up from school, swimming lessons, back home, dinner, bed....a long day. Another long day. And I'm tired. It's been a hard day's night....and I should be sleepin' like a log...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
satellite