free hit counter

Monday, November 30, 2009

All's Fair in Love and War...

That is how the saying goes...."all is fair in love and war" well this is love and this is war. This is my Love and we are fighting a war. We have fought to get to this point and it seems so unfair to be so close and have it remain just out of grasp. He has been waiting for WC to pick up his claim, waiting to move to the brain injury program. They have picked up his claim, but still they make him wait. They make him wait and they make me justify his being transferred. They are for the transfer but they want to dictate where, and it just so happens the "where" does not specialize in brain injury any more than the place he is in. Oh they all can give him medicine and do range of motion exercises, but is that all he deserves? He is 39 years old, a husband, a father of a 3 & 5 year old, a son, a brother, a friend, 3 time officer of the year (this year included!), in good physical health, he deserves more, he deserves a shot, he deserves his best shot. I am not asking for experimental treatment in Austria, or even another state. I am asking for the best treatment and evaluation available here, in the North State. Is that so unreasonable? Is that more than he deserves? He has had no neurological treatment or evaluation since he moved to Redding. Isn't it time? Do not get me wrong, I am not expecting this place to work miracles, but I think they are the best chance for an accurate assessment as well as a realistic picture of where we are. That is what they do. Our lives have been on hold these last few months, as we waited and worked to get here, and now that we are here, they are inventing new obstacles and then making threats to me when I challenge them. Well I am going to challenge them, so they better get used to it. This is OUR life, not a number, or a name on a claim form. This is a real man. A good man. A great man. The best man I know. And it is time to fight for him. And now I need your help.It is time to rally the troops. So Troops, let's rally! I want them to know that I will not be pushed around, or go quietly into submission. I need them to know that he deserves this chance. Someone reminded me today that there is a special place in hell for people like this, who would make threats to a family that has already lost so much. Been through so much. I think he was right. I am going to post the contact information for the WC attorney, the WC adjuster and the WC insurance company. Please write to them. Please fax them. Please e-mail them, Please call them. Do whatever you are comfortable with, but please help me speak for him, when he is unable to speak for himself. I would like it to be in your words, your voice, so they know the support that we have, the support that he has. The more they are reminded the more likely they are to put a face and a family to this wonderful man. Help me help him.

WC Attorney
Richard A. Weyuker, Esq.
Cuneo, Black, Ward & Missler
700 University Avenue, Ste. 110
Sacramento, Ca. 95825
(916) 363-8822 (fax) 363-8821
rweyuker@cbwmlaw.com
RAW@cbwmlaw.com

WC Claims adjuster
Raymond Haynes
ray.haynes@yorkisg.com
(916)960-0926

WC Insurance Company
York Insurance
P.O. Bo 619058
Roseville, CA 95661-9058
(800)922-5020 xt 0926

To quote a line from one of his old time favorite movies "they drew first blood". They started it, help me finish it. All's fair in Love and War.......

3 comments:

  1. Lesley,
    Thank you for providing a way to participate in Eric's care. I have emailed and called all the contacts you listed. He deserves the "BEST", the "BEST" is available to him. There is nothing else to consider.
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lesley,
    When I called WC Insurance Company I asked for the person overseeing the adjuster Raymond Haynes. Her name is Jennifer Hamelin. Her e-mail is jennifer.hamelin@yorkisg.com.
    I'll wait for a response before I call her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like to voice a request that Eric Christopher be transferred to the facility his doctors and wife feel to be the most appropriate to his needs. Eric is an exceptional person. If the tables were turned and it was his family or any person in his care needing advocacy he would leave no stone unturned in order to procure the BEST possible care available.
    The request to transfer Eric to the family's facility of choice seems reasonable and I am certain that all parties involved only wish the best for Eric, his care, assessment and prognosis. The question to me seems, would anyone examining the situation feel any different if the patient in question was their husband, father, brother, co-worker or friend. I hope that amongst the loss, pain and frustration the family has endured you will aid in bringing them a measure of relief. Relief knowing they have done all they can, that they have taken care of the man they love to the best of their ability. It is small comfort, but comfort all the same.

    Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

    Kelly Mora
    24055 East Elkhorn Lane
    Corning, CA 96021
    (530)824-1111
    skmora@netzero.com

    ReplyDelete

 
satellite