free hit counter

Saturday, December 5, 2009

We've Just Begun...

It has been a hectic week. First E decided to give her sister a haircut. I left them with art supplies at the table and went to check on my burn pile. When I came back in the house the art was abandoned but I found a little pile of hair in the center of the table. My gut dropped to my knees and I yelled for the girls, racing towards their room. They were calmly sitting there playing barbies. I held up the fistful of hair and questioned them. H looked up from combing her dolls hair and calmly said "She cut my hair", why did she do such a thing I asked? H said "we were playing beauty shop, but I told her not to really cut my hair, but she did anyway" I looked from one girl to the other, and they were so unconcerned about their mother standing there waving a handful of hair around. I asked H, "aren't you upset that she cut your hair?" "why?" she asked. Why? Why????? Because it makes every mother crazy that is why, I thought in my head before replying "because it ruined your hair" "Ruined my hair?" this time some mild concern. "Yes ruined your hair" "But mommy won't it grow back?" "well yes, but it will take a long time" "Oh, that's Ok, I'll wait". She'll wait? She can't wait for me to finish clearing the dishwasher before I get her juice and she will "just wait" until her hair grows back??? I marched her into the bathroom to assess the damage, a chunk out of the back and one on the side. Luckily I was able to taper the sides around her face to blend in the missing chunk. The back was a little trickier. Luckily I am the proud owner of a pair of thinning scissors and I went to town to blend in and add layers to the back. It was almost dead center. Auugghh.

We started out the whole week with the hair affair, and hit the ground running from there. I left the girls with K on Wednesday and took the time to run up for a mid week visit. I took him outside and we sat and enjoyed the crisp air and fall leaves. I spent about 2hours outside with him, telling him about the girls and playing videos of their thanksgiving feast, and other school activities. He was quiet, he was tired. I had the opportunity to talk to one of the occupational therapists, who said that she had had the best response ever from him in their session on Sunday. She said she was able able to get him to respond to her 4 out of 5 times consistently when asking him to move his arms from side to side. This was good. I got back to K's to pick up the girls and E was not feeling well. She ended up with a fever and the pukies Wednesday night. We drove down to take H to school and I came home to let E rest all day. D was so nice to pick up H for me and run her over to KP so I could let E rest until she was ready to wake up. It was really good for her. She has been in decent spirits but has been wiped out and not interested in eating much. She at least has been drinking fluids. I am not sure who is more wiped out her or I. She has been so good, but it still is hard to have one down for the count and the other bouncing off of the walls. I am tired. I think it is time for some rest.

P.S. They are "feeling the love" but not loving it so much. I have gotten more less veiled threats. I do not take kindly to threats. Sadly if they had been more civilized much of this could have been avoided. I think the message has been received, loud and clear. They do not have to answer to only the wife, but an entire community of people that are watching them to see what happens. It is important that they know that, that they continue to know that. Thank you, I appreciate the ongoing support. I know he does too. They can choose to end it at any time by doing the right thing...

We've Only Just Begun

We've only just begun to live
White lace and promises
A kiss for luck and we're on our way
We've only begun

Before the rising sun we fly
So many roads to choose
We start our walking
And learn to run
And yes! We've just begun

Sharin' horizons that are new to us
Watchin' the signs along the way
Talkin' it over just the two of us
Workin' together day to day, together
And when the evening comes we smile
So much of life ahead
We'll find a place where there's room to grow
And yes! We've just begun

Sharin' horizons that are new to us
Watchin' the signs along the way
Talkin' it over just the two of us
Workin' together day to day, together, together
And when the evening comes we smile
So much of life ahead
We'll find a place where there's room to grow
And yes! We've just begun

by The Carpenters

1 comment:

  1. Sorry we couldn't be there when needed! Hope the pressure continues. Wish that WC remembered they are supposed to be there for him as an ally, not an enemy...wish the right thing wasn't tethered by state/federal economical strings! Ridiculous that people who play by the rules have to fight and so many people who "live off the working" get a free pass...Actually, not ridiculous, absolutely deplorable! We will always fight for Eric, You and the girls...Let us know what we can do for the next round...We will be there...In force!

    ReplyDelete

 
satellite