free hit counter

Friday, November 20, 2009

A moment too soon...

It seems that I spoke too soon or that my lesson in patience is not over. It seems that while WC has decided to pay for his care, they don't seem to like the care that I chose. I only had 4 months to research it, get referrals, talk to people, doctors, and plan. I guess all of that means little to them, as they are just concerned about the geography of the hospital. It is funny to me that they would send me a letter accepting the claim and stating that they would be "working with me to provide the best care possible" for my husband, and then argue with me and and send me veiled threats when they are the ones who came late to the party. I have found the best possible place for him to go. I am willing to take the distance, to sacrifice the time, and they are concerned about geography. It is all about "utilization of resources". Well I say "Bring It". I am determined to get him there. They might not make it easy, and I might make it really difficult but I am determined. As I said to someone recently, I am the one who has to tuck his children in bed at night, and I am the one that has to look into their eyes when they tell me how much they miss him. I have to be able to look at them, and know that I have done everything possible to bring their father back to them. Everything in my power. They are the only ones that I answer to in all of this, so I say BRING IT. They want to leave me hanging for 4 months. Want to make me wonder and worry, as it came down to the final hours of his coverage, and now they want an opinion. They want the final opinion. I think not. It seems that I rested a moment too soon. Or perhaps it was the rest I needed to go on to the next battle. Well it is on, and not a moment too soon. I am rallying the troops, and we will press on.

3 comments:

  1. We have your backs! We will stay the course and do what ever is necessary. Do you need letters? Signatures? Publicity? We are here for you and yours! "Bring it"! Perhaps we still need that letter to the media....Let me know. I am sure that there are many in the wings waiting to sign and fight for you and Eric! Enough is enough. Much love...me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there. It is so upsetting. WC should be working for the worker...I guess they forget!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is such BS that WC will accept responsibility for his claim, but they don't want to be responsible for his care in the capacity that he needs. Just say the word and I am sure all of the followers here will come together to help be his voice and be heard.

    ReplyDelete

 
satellite