free hit counter

Friday, November 27, 2009

Giving Thanks...

Tonight I am giving thanks to alot of people, a whole crew of people. R&D's crew of people. R has been planning this for sometime, the extent of his planning was not clear to me until today, but it is obvious he is not only good at what he does, he is great at it. He organized a crew of family and friends to come up here and take care of a few projects. I don't even know how you can thank people properly for what they did today. R had them organized into crews and they worked all day on various projects some running back forth from crew to crew. Last weekend, my BIL M made a commando run all the way up from San Diego and back again in a 24 hour period, in order to bring me a generator. A fantastic wonderful thing, that will come on AUTOMATICALLY if we lose power, how is that for fantastic. He met R here at the house while I was at the hospital, so that it would be here for the big day. R,C, K and A were all in the back making and prepping a pad for the generator to go on. On the back deck A, T, B and M, worked all day tearing out the old supports for the deck awning and replacing them with new and improved ones. R and D worked all day in the shop finishing the rewiring that R & R had started before. B & R helped me strip wallpaper border from my room, D taped and prepped and C & I painted it. S stacked up the wood he had brought the week before and ran errands back and forth all day. It was an amazing day. I was speaking to R yesterday at Thanksgiving dinner, we were talking about the plan for today. I told him how much I appreciated that they were all coming up here, and he told me "there was nothing fun for guys to do the day after Thanksgiving." Today after it was all said and done I asked him if he was sure that he wouldn't have had more fun at those Black Friday sales. He smiled and told me that he had a great time today. The smile was in his eyes. I heard those sentiments echoed all day today. They were having a great time, and I was the grateful recipient of an extreme home makeover. It was a pretty awesome experience. I cannot wait to tell him about all of the projects that were finished today. I think he will be grateful too. Tonight I am thankful, and giving thanks......Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
satellite