free hit counter

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

He'd do it for me...

He'd do it for me. That is a statement I have been hearing alot lately. So many people have offered their help, their support, their time, their resources, and when I thank them, I get a shrug and "he'd do it for me." I cannot even say how many times I have heard that over the last few months. It is his living legacy to us. It sets the bar so high, it is the example he has set for our daughters to witness. It is what comforts me, what keeps me going every day.It would be so much harder to get up each and every day and not have these constant reminders of what we are fighting for. I spent a quiet weekend with him. We had all of Sunday together, just the two of us. Nothing new and miraculous happened, but we had quiet time, it was good. We read,we watched movies, went outside, and held hands. It was while I was sitting with him watching a movie, that I saw a note taped above his bed. It was a hand written note on a simple paper towel. It wished him luck, and said their prayers were with him. It was signed, with a footnote saying "from a friend you never knew". It was from someone in Chico that went all the way up to see him, someone who was not a part of our everyday lives, someone who he met casually, but someone who thought enough of him after those casual interactions to see him and leave that note. That is the man that I married, the father of my children, the man that I am fighting for right now. And I know he'd do it for me.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
satellite