free hit counter

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

When it rains it pours....

It rained yesterday, actually it poured. Literally. I was glad to have had S here on Sunday and she helped me move some things into the barn. Just in time it seems. It smells like fall here today. Moist and wet leaves and damp earth. It is a distinct smell, something that can instantly take you back to your childhood. Our leaves are falling by the millions, they are everywhere. I have had some wonderful help of yard clean up offered to me, but I have asked them to wait a little longer until all these leaves are done falling. I have been raking piles and piles and it seems every time I turn around to admire my handiwork, there is a fresh carpet of them behind me in my wake. Rather frustrating but a metaphor for my life. More patience. More waiting. Try not to put the cart before the horse. Everything in due time. First things first. The leaves must fall before they can be raked.

The girls dressed out in full rain gear to go to school yesterday, and of course when we got to town, there was no rain. By the time school was over, jackets were stuffed in the backpack, and tights were abandoned in favor of barefeet. We were riding around in our borrowed rig (from his parents) as we blew a brake line Sunday morning. Luckily the girls were not with me, and MB and his parents came to rescue me. The big beast was towed away, and we are tooling around in Nana's rig. More rain. More patience.

I hear that he ate more yogurt yesterday. That he liked it and followed some commands. I heard that he participated more in PT, and was able to balance himself for a longer period of time while sitting. I also just word that he might be getting another Cranial Sacral treatment this week. We are also expecting some insurance/wc things to shake out over the next week or so. More rain. Rain is renewing, invigorating, the sign of change, and a new season. I look forward to dancing in the rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
satellite