free hit counter

Thursday, September 10, 2009

We hit the ground running...

We hit the ground running this week, and it seems we have been running all week. We got home Monday evening to find our friends S & S had come up from Sac to do some projects at my house while we were away at the triathlon. It was a great surprise, and they worked so hard. We had school all week, and still have not had a "regular" week yet with Monday having been a holiday this week. I cannot believe that Friday is already here. It has been exhausting trying to find our rhythm. It takes us 40 minutes from our door to drive down the hill, find parking and make it to our kindergarten class room. So this makes it unrealistic to be able to come home while she is in school and then back again. Her school day is only 3.5 hours long, so I would spend over half of it in the car. E has school on Tues. and Thurs. and it is only 3 hours long and starts 45 minutes after H starts, so again not really enough time to leave, come back, find another parking space and then get her to class. We have been spending that time in the kindergarten classroom doing prep work for the teacher. E is fascinated by everything they are doing. I usually stand at the back counter while class is going on, E at my feet with her Dora "pack-pack" securely strapped on, peeking through the book shelf at the class. Her eyes follow their every move and she hardly makes a sound. She is engrossed in what they are doing. I thought she would be trying to get into everything, but that is not the case. The teacher has her entire attention. H is my happy go lucky people person (her dad) and E is a much tougher nut to crack (me) but she also already loves the kindergarten teacher, and vies with her sister to giver her hugs. I think she would move right in if we let her. S is coming back tomorrow afternoon and going to stay here for the weekend with the girls. It will be the first weekend they have been at home in quite a while. It will be good for them to have a quiet weekend. It will be good for all of us to have a quiet weekend. I am looking forward to seeing him. I just saw him Monday but it seems like such a long time ago. I have so much to tell him, I hope he has something to tell me too....

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
satellite