free hit counter

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Another week come and gone....

Another week has come and gone. It has been another whirlwind of activity for all of us. The girls and I have finally had a complete week of routine. I think we are finding our groove. We have had a lot of help along the way. A has volunteered to pick up the girls for me on Tues. and Thurs. so that I can have enough time to make it home and get a few things done while I have the house to myself. Two other friends have offered to drive H to school on Friday morning (our early day), and get her to class for me, so that I can spend the morning at home with E. All of these things ease the stress of the week. A few extra minutes to think a thought all the way through, without being interrupted. To make a phone call, and not have to shush the background noise every five minutes. It is what enables me to carry on the rest of the time.

I have still been wrangling insurance, attorneys, doctors, paperwork and bureaucracy, but one other thing has eased my stress this week. The DSA brought me the first check from the benefit this week. I want to thank everyone again for your support. I cannot tell you enough what it means to us. With the big car repair, house insurance, property taxes, all in the horizon looming, it is so nice to know that we have a cushion, and do not have to stress about these things. We so appreciate every one's concern and continued support. Thank you.

He has had a busy week as well. He continues with his daily therapy and some days are better than others. He has had some odd temperature spikes over the last week and they have done every test imaginable trying to rule things out. Yesterday they even took him to the big hospital to do a CT scan and sonogram to make sure he had no blood clots or ulcers that were causing the random fever. It seems they can find nothing wrong. They seem to think is is the hamster wheel in his head spinning really fast. Lets hope so. I think it is about time those things started running. I heard that he said another "Hi" this week and has been enjoying his yogurt and pudding. The girls are looking forward to seeing him. They have been busy all week making pictures and cards for him. It hasn't gotten easier, but we are finding a way to make it more manageable. Another week, come and gone..

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
satellite