free hit counter

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Que Sera Sera......

I drove over to see him on Friday. S met me in Yuba City and took the girls back to her house so I could get on the road. I was able to spend Friday, Saturday and Sunday with him. His parents found a little apartment for us all to stay in, that is literally right next door the hospital. It is very nice to be able to step out for a few minutes and be right there. We are going at different times so that he continues to have visitors almost every day. I think last Monday was actually the first day since all of this began that someone was not with him. We all feel very close and protective of him. That day was a hard day for me. Knowing he was there, and I was here, but realistically I know that this is his time. That my presence there will not change change the outcome. There may be a time where I can affect things, but right now, it is his time. They have to figure him out and he has to figure them out. I am impressed by how much staff they have there. There are always people in and out. They have a set routine and schedule and they keep it moving. It is good for him, I think he needs a schedule. I am a huge believer in the schedule. I think it gives us security and makes us feel safe. I hope it does that for him now. They are working with a cardiologist to have him properly assessed before they start their regular drug and therapy routine. They want to make sure his heart is stable and he is in the best condition he can be in. We met with one of the speech therapists and she spent some time just talking with him and asking for small responses. I was able to take him outside and we found a lovely deck surrounded by greenery and a small creek running along the outside. We spent about 4 1/2 hours out there Sat, enjoying the lovely weather. E and J came up to visit us and spent some time with us outside visiting. It is always nice to have fresh eyes. It helps keep things in perspective. It helps validate our own feelings. It helps to digest what you see. I spent a good part of Sunday with him before heading back to pick up the girls and head home. I had two calls from the doctors today as they are working out his treatment plan. I know he is in a good place. I know he is in the best place for him right now. I am so glad for him to have this opportunity now. He deserves to have it. It is up to him now. Que Sera Sera, whatever will be, will be. The future is not ours to see, que sera sera........

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
satellite