free hit counter

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Braxton Hicks...

Those false labor pains you can get when pregnant... They feel like the real thing, so much so that many an expectant mother has ended up at the hospital only to be turned away with the inevitable "false alarm". Braxton Hicks, false alarm....leads me to why I am sitting on my living room sofa instead of a hospital room in the bay area. I spent all evening getting ready for my trip, making plans for the girls, getting the house in order, doing the laundry, the dishes, writing out detailed daily activity logs, just make sure I had all the bases covered. I arranged for pick ups, drop offs and back ups. This morning I got up early to finish my orders, to pack the car and make sure I had my addresses and phone numbers at the ready. The girls were dressed, the lunches and backpacks packed and then I got the first call. "we may have a problem." There was some waiting, some phone calls back and forth before we finally got the official word for the day. The bed at Kentfield did not open today, so we go back to being on red alert. We are shooting for tomorrow, again. Hoping.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
satellite