free hit counter

Friday, July 30, 2010

Disrespect.

I am tired of being disrespected. I understand that what is going on in my life right now, is simply part of the job to some people. I understand that. But if it is part of their job, they should do their job. I have never travelled down this path before and their are bound to be forks in the road, a map would be nice, but if one is not available, then there should at least be someone I can stop and ask for directions. I knew that his year on WC was getting close to and end, but I did not know what happens next. Does it end right at a year? What happens from there? Does he retire? Go on disability? How does that all work? I asked the questions but no one had answers for me. I had a meeting at Human Resources for the county months and months ago. I had questions for them then, many of them they were unprepared to answer, but they promised to get the answers for me and get back to me. Still waiting. I asked when WC was going to end and what happens next. I got a letter dated 7/9/10 informing me that his WC benefits were "going" to end on 6/26/10. Yeah 13 days after they ended they mailed me the letter. Nice. At the end of June I contacted Human Resources again, trying to have my questions answered. Tried several times to get ahold of the main person, only to be told almost 2 weeks later that he was on vacation and someone else would be helping me. That person sent me an e-mail saying that he was getting the information together, and would be prepared to go over all of my questions. I asked for him to call me the following day. He did not. I got a coworker who told me that he would call me the following day. He did not. I contacted HR again, this time I got an e-mail from the coworker again, saying that the man could call me any one of 5 times over the next two days. I said great. I would have my phone with me the whole time and he could call me during any of the 5 times they suggested. Two days passed and I did not get a call. I contacted the coworker again, and said that I had not received my call. I was informed that the man had to go out of town but that my concerns "were a priority to him" and that he would call me back the next Tuesday when he returned. That was this Tuesday. Yup you guessed it, no call. Not Tuesday, not Wednesday, not Thursday, not today Friday. A priority, right. I have been trying to contact them for a month. A month I have been waiting to find out what is happening to our future. Do we still have benefits? How long do they last? What can I expect? A month, and they cannot get back to me. If this is your job, do your job. Because what is your job is my life. My livelihood. My future. Do I really not have enough to deal with, enough uncertainty, enough instability? It is disrespectful to me. It is disrespectful to him. And it is disrespectful to all of the people who are still doing that job, thinking that if something happens to them, that their families will be taken care of. Disrespectful.

1 comment:

  1. I truly feel for you. I went through EXACTLY what your going through with HR and WC last year. That year mark was tough. It was out with the old and in with the new (pay). Just know and try to remember that loads of people are praying for you, your girls and Eric. In the end it will all work out for you.

    ReplyDelete

 
satellite