free hit counter

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Another day, another wrench...

It seems every time I turn around there is another wrench tossed at me, or another ball to juggle. Workers Comp only pays for a year before it shifts back to long term disability and while he is on that I have to work on filing for his retirement. I have spent the last two weeks back and forth on the phone making calls to get the proper paper work and getting estimates and benefit sheets, reading over it all and talking to the represenatives so that I may figure out which option to chose for retirement. I get all of my paperwork filled out, I have flagged all of the places his employer must fill out, and mailed off workers comp's portion to them. I have made copies of everything from our marriage license to the kids social security cards. I have established legal guardianship and provided them with the court documents. Then, on the last phone call, I get yet another represenative and am told that in addition to the guardianship, I need to now file in family court for conservatorship that specifically states that I have the right to choose an option for his retirement. I need to find yet another attorney that deals with family court issues and file for conservatorship. It is unbelievable to me how many hoops there are to jump through. I think my manual must be on back order because I still have not gotten it. I do not know how people navigate all of this without going insane. Or maybe that is what they are counting on. That a certain percentage will just give up, that is it just too hard. That they are not as stubborn and hard headed as I am. I don't know. I just know I am tired of juggling, and I need a manual.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
satellite