free hit counter

Sunday, August 15, 2010

School is Here!

It has been a busy summer. I can't believe that school is about to start. It just doesn't seem possible that another school year is starting and he won't be there. H is going into first grade. She is excited, thrilled, and can't wait to be back with all of her friends. E moves onto another year of preschool, this time with N as her teacher and she is equally exicted. Of course I am excited for them. I happy that someone else will have a turn to entertain them, as they have their father's energy and it can be exhausting being the only one on deck. Especially H, she has her father's blue green eyes, his smile, his quickness to laugh, and also his relentless energy. She literally bounces down the hall, cannot stand still and have a conversation with me, watches TV by bouncing herself like a pinball off the livingroom furniture. Something I know all too well. I lived with it for the last 20 years. A friend once called me and during the course of our conversation, she asked where Eric was. I told her I had locked him outside. "Locked him outside??" She was confused. "Locked him outside!" I confirmed. I told him that he had to play outside for awhile, because I was getting ready for company and he was bouncing off the walls in the house driving me nuts. Oh he ran from door to door making faces for awhile, before giving up and finding something else to entertain him. Now I am raising his daughter without his help. She is him. Entertaining, infectious, happy, athletic, outgoing, amazing.

1 comment:

  1. what a great post :) I love the story of how H is just like her dad, it made me smile...hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

 
satellite