free hit counter

Sunday, August 15, 2010

The Tinman

Summer is ending, school is beginning. I ended the last weeks of summer by first getting my first ever case of poison oak. My eyes swollen shut, arms, legs, covered. I tried all of the over the counter aids, nothing worked, as I slowly watched myself swell like a balloon. I finally went to immediate care and got the shot. Good choice. If I ever look at poison oak again, I am going down and getting the shot. I recommend the shot. I love the shot. Cleared up enough to drive over to see him, only to come home to the stomach flu. Now that I am at the end of that one, it is time to get some walking in for the Tinman. Yes we are doing it again. Not as much fanfare as last year, I think it snuck up on all of us, but I think we have 5 relay teams and 3 soloists signed up. (I think the Mehoff family will be there too, not in the count) MAC is coming down from Portland to swim for us again, and we will again break out our shirts and celebrate him. His life and his love of life. An important thing for his girls and for all of us to be reminded of. So if you are there, come and see us. We won't be hard to miss.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
satellite