free hit counter

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

They, Him, Me, Us and Them

They....you know who THEY are. THEY know who THEY are. THEY are not happy with ME, and I am not happy with THEM. THEY say THEY are helping HIM, that THEY are there for US, but WE know the reality. THEY are in it for THEM. There is no other reason that they would continue to make him wait like this. They hide behind the process, and try to drag it out as long as they can. They have held him hostage in his environment for 6 months. 6 months that we can never get back. There have been birthdays, holidays, firsts, all things that he has missed. Could he have been present anyway? That is the question. That is the only question that we are trying to have answered and they are holding it just out of reach. They wanted justification for his transfer to Kentfield. I got acceptance and recommendation from the doctor and director of the program. They wanted his doctors to give written recommendations. They did. Lengthy and descriptive recommendations. Still not good enough. When I asked for your help in your words, they accused me of "spamming" them. People expressing their concern in their own words is "spamming"? They know WE are watching. They know YOU are watching. They know that they do not just have to answer to me but that they have an entire community, his community, to answer to. Still they make us wait. They sent veiled threats. Now they want to have a meeting. A meeting with me and the doctors. The same doctors that have already recommended that he go to Kentfield. They say that they are "committed to providing him with appropriate care" but are not sure that Kentfield is the answer and want to present me with other options. Options that do not include the neuro therapy and evaluation that Kentfield would. They have taken an attitude with me from communication one. A snarky, petty attitude with the wife of a seriously injured man, who trying to pick up the pieces of their life and care for their children. A bad attitude. An attitude that has only encouraged me to be more determined to see this through to the appropriate conclusion. He is 39 years old. He has two small children. He is my husband and I will speak for him now. When these days are behind us. I have to know, with all certainty of my being that these life and death decisions were being made with every bit of information available to us. Information that a place like Kentfield is trained to give us. Are there other places that can do that? Certainly. Most of them are much further away, and many much more expensive. That is the most frustrating thing about this. It is so close. Has my resolve been challenged. absolutely. Has it wavered? Not a chance. Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned. I have been scorned. It is US against THEM. It wasn't my choice. I didn't start this. I will however see it to the end. You see I don't have any other choice. That is the part that they don't seem to get. They go home, and move on, juggle other cases. Years from now, how they handled this case, this file, him, it will all be just a blip to them. Another name in a long line of claims. They choose how to handle this case. I do not have that luxury. There is nothing else for me to do. There are no other options. I have to fight. What is the alternative? Give up? When he is counting on me? When my children are counting on me? How could I live with myself? They throw this back at me like I should be making a choice. There is no choice. When there is no choice, there is only one path to travel. My resolve is firm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
satellite