free hit counter

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Long time no talk..

I think this has been my longest time between posts. What has been happening? Alot. I had my first time alone since this whole thing began, when I went down to LA for my industry trade show last weekend. The week before I was frantically running around trying to make sure that I had all of my ducks in a row and was not forgetting anything. MB and I had a perfect coordination with my driving to the airport with girls and suitcases in tow. I pulled up in front of the terminal, unloaded my bags, and she loaded hers in, and hopped into the drivers seat. That was the beginning of 3 days of mental disconnect for me. I flew down to A&M and stayed with them the first night, then A and drove to LA for the show. We spent 2 days walking, walking, walking. It was good for both of us I think and nice to have time to be with just my sister as we have not had that time alone in a long time. She helped me organize and fill out paperwork for the vendors, and scout the booths as we walked by. We stayed the night in LA with M and the baby joining us at night and for breakfast the next day. We finished our last day at the show and met back at their house. It was good to rest, good to be out of my life for a little while, nice to spend time with the baby without little people trying to compete with me for the smiles. MB and I had an equally well choreographed trade off on the way home. This time it was later so N pitched in and stayed with the girls at home so they could be in their beds at normal bedtime. MB got to dive into the experience for those 3 days. She had a birthday party, school for both of them, packing lunches, weather, helping at school and swimming lessons. She did great. After I unpacked and settled in i snuck up to see him while the girls were in school. K picked them up for me so I could make the run. He looks good of course. He always looks good. He seems to look at me and I continue to wonder what is going on in that brain of his. His roommate told me that he was trying to talk in his sleep. He said it happened several nights in a row. Said it sounded like Stellla or Still Here. I would like to think it was the latter of course. I hope it is the latter. I hope he is still there. I made it back home to finish out the school week, before preparing to come back up. R & R came back up on Friday to finish the hookup of that fancy generator. All of the work R has been organizing and getting done, then we were at the mercy of the propane company and when they could come and change their fittings. FINALLY!! They did and I think R was relieved to see it all done. Now that means 8 seconds of no power and that baby fires up. I don't have to worry about little girls in the dark or not having heat. It is good. I took the girls to meet up with K & C and they took them up to Shasta to spend the night. MA met up with them and they all spent the day skiing on the mountain. I spent the day with him, telling him what they were doing and giving him the updates. Then we picked out books to order for the girls scholastic book order and wrote out our bills. Later we sat by the window and read. We started a new book and are already about 1/3 done. He was very relaxed all day and comfortable. MA brought the girls back to R&D's and we all spent the night here. We are getting ready to go back to see him this morning, then have to head home early so the girls can bathe and be in bed early. 100 days of school celebration tomorrow. 100 days of school and he has missed every one of them. I still look at him and hear his voice in my head. I see his smile, and the crinkling of his eyes when his face splits in half to grin that big gappy toothed grin. I can't believe it has been so long since I have actually heard it. So long since I have heard him talk, and talk and talk. Long time no talk..

2 comments:

  1. Leseley- Since I saw your post on your blog, I came here and have read since the beginning. Please let me know if you are still in need of people to write to the WC employees in the name of Eric. I think it's outrageous they won't move him where he can get further neurological care when he spent every day of his life putting his life on the line so that they and their families could rest easier at night. So I would definitely, definitely be all over that! *Hugs to you and the girls*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Julie! We are in a holding pattern right now, waiting to see what they have to say, but we might need more "persuasion" soon :o)

    ReplyDelete

 
satellite