free hit counter

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Thank you, again....

So you know that R planned another day up here to finish up some projects. He brought some of his usual crew, R & D and BB met them here. I want to thank TD, DA, CN and JR from the SO for coming up to help them. R had asked for a couple extra hands to help with the propane piping for the generator, and I really appreciate that they came up on such short notice and got it all done in record time. R said it worked out perfectly, then they stayed and helped get some of my heavy items into the trash, I REALLY appreciated that! It turned out that their presence was even more precipitous than was expected. I heard that T went down to the pump house, where they had done some previous work, and found that a valve had broken and water was leaking. They were able to quickly fix it with some parts they found in the shop. R & D spent some more time working in the shop on the electrical, I think they are intimately aware of why he always called this place "PJ's curse" (PJ being the former owner who quite fancied himself a jack of all trades, but sadly was master of none, especially anything related to construction, electrical or plumbing) When they went back under the house to hook in the generator electrical, and found another leak, this time in a hot water pipe under the house. This was a little more complicated and required a couple of trips to town and some welding. It was very lucky that they were here this weekend and that they found the leaks or it would have been a very expensive power bill next month. Unbelievable fortunate that they were here. Thank you. It was a very long day for them, and I so appreciate it. I have long had my list of projects that I have been slowly working through. I thought that I was managing them, prioritizing them, and marking them off the list. I have to say though, that R came and knocked some of them right off the list and others that I have not even thought of. He is really good at this, both the organization and the implementation. I thought at first that I should be trying to help and plan. I soon realized that he was really only humoring me and my help was not needed. I relinquished my facade of control and we are all the better for it. I appreciate not having to worry about this. It has made our staying here in the house so much easier. It has made it possible. I really appreciate that. Thank you, again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
satellite