free hit counter

Thursday, May 20, 2010

It is "D" Day!

It is D Day, or defibrillater day! He was transfered last evening to Marin General where he is to have his defibrillater implanted. I came up after H got out of school yesterday. I dropped them off with C, the girls were so excited to be there with all of the kids, they hardly were concerned about my leaving. K would come and pick them up later and keep them for the next three days, running their routine so I could come and be here with him. He was very comfortable last night, very relaxed. I spoke with both doctors, and they anticipate everything going smoothly. I am in a small waiting room outside the surgery, keeping myself busy as I wait. It should be a simple routine surgery to implant the small pacemaker like device. If his heart goeas out of rhythm then it will shock it back within seconds. The real fun is about to begin. After this is all done, and has been declared a success, he will begin the long awaited drug therapy. This is it. Finally. What we have been waiting for. Keeping my fingers crossed and waiting..........

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
satellite