free hit counter

Friday, March 26, 2010

Still Waiting......

So we are supposedly getting closer to our move. I was told last week that we were expecting resolution by Friday or Monday at the latest. It was really good to hear that, but then I got home and had a message on my answering machine. This was from the WC Nurse Case manager, and she said she was sure I had already heard that he had been approved for a month at Kentfield but that they could not move him until the latter part of this week. She also went on to say that they were working with the hospital to make the arrangements and would also be arranging the CAT scan. ??????!!!!! Of course this was wonderful news! But I have become jaded by this process and was hesitant to throw myself into the decision, not knowing what else they were going to throw my way. I contacted my attorney and relayed the information that was left on my answering machine. I wanted him to give me confirmation of this decision before I started making plans. That was last Friday. Tomorrow marks a week. He has been trying to get that confirmation for me all week, and still they are dancing around the issue. Still they do not confirm these plans for me. Still they make us wait without a firm plan in place. The one thing that continues to give me hope for the move is Kentfield. They have been requesting his records, charts and tests. It makes me feel that they are preparing for his arrival. Everyone at the hospital in Redding are encouraging us, are hoping for his move. We can feel the tension in the air. Not a bad tension, just a tightness that lets you know something is going to snap soon. It is almost palpable. We are here, we are still waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
satellite