free hit counter

Monday, March 8, 2010

Still here, still waiting...

It is Monday morning and we returned last night from another visit with him. The girls had an incredible weekend, full of fun. They went skiing with MAC on Friday since they were out of school. They have picked right up where he left off with them last year. They both ski on their own, no bunny hills for these girls! They ride the lift up and ski down. Both are just like him and love it. They love the snow, the skiing and riding the lift (or swing as they called it). I am so thankful that this is a passion that MAC shares with him, and in fact had spent many days with him and the girls on the mountain. Saturday brought more snow fun, when R & D took them all snow mobiling. They all took turns racing around the meadow and both girls came back with smiles, and a love for a new snow sport. I spent some time at home on Friday getting my house back in order after the previous weeks marathon cupcake baking sessions, the birthday festivities and the random house projects and organizing that I cannot seem to stop no matter how busy I am. I am sure it is some sort of coping mechanism. Then I headed up to see him. I was met at the hospital with more stories of his antics. I was told that he had lifted his leg on command several times in the presence of several people. I was told that he had stuck his tongue out for another nurse. She asked him to do it then, and my heart sunk to my knees when I saw him open his mouth and thrust his tongue out just beyond his teeth. It seems too coincidental that these things keep happening. I know that there would be a certain element of chance, but then isn't there also the possibility that he is doing it intentionally? It is so hard to know, so confusing. And so still we sit, still here, still waiting....

1 comment:

  1. My husband is a police officer and your story touches me. I pray for you and your family. God Bless. K-Oregon

    ReplyDelete

 
satellite