free hit counter

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Overwelming...

I went to the post office today to pick up the mail I had help while we were gone. They brought me a big plastic mail tub, and offered to let me take it to my car because they did not think I could carry it all myself. Yeah that much. Of course there is always alot of garbage and this time of year even more so with the campaign fliers, air conditioning companies trying to drum up business and the regular junk mail. Then there are the bills, all the usual ones, then a whole stack for just his medical care, various correspondence from 3 different attorneys, a notice from the dmv telling me I need a smog for my diesel truck (really? I have to go in and deal with their mistakes now on top of everything else). Of course the magazines, mostly his. And lastly the two pieces of mail that are actually enjoyable. So I lug that box home and sort through it, culling the junk from the pile and making sub categories for all of the rest. Of course while I am doing this I look out the window and see the weeds that have not only sprouted but multiplied since I have been gone. Those rains right before we left, and the sun while we were gone gave them the perfect conditions. I have the mountain of laundry that I emptied from our suitcases. 24 messages on the answering machine. Grocery shopping, the usual household chores,and house projects in progress. I made progress. I did half the laundry, changed all the beds, cleaned and sorted the girls room, opened and sorted all of the mail, listened to all the messages, wrote out the bills, went to the post office, went grocery shopping, filled 1/3 of my orders and made my list for tomorrow. And I am tired. I got a random message letting me know that WC was going to go over and see him today. Barely into his drug therapy and they want to go over and observe. To make sure we are not wasting their money I am sure. Funny, when he was stuck in Redding all those months they did not seem nearly as concerned about wasting his time...

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm... It only took them a year to decide to visit and observe. Too bad they don't have a previous observation of when he arrived in Redding to compare to- They have robbed you all of precious time. Oh, how I wish I would have been visiting Eric today...

    ReplyDelete

 
satellite